Mt. Sinai Judaica Library
As previously noted, the building includes a library of Jewish books, tapes and periodicals (approximately 1200 books and 100 cassette tapes), currently chaired by Dorothy Feldman in memory of her late husband, Joe Feldman. His extensive collection of books has been doubled by donations of many people who lived in Cheyenne and left their treasured books to the library upon their death.
This library is qualified to be certified as a Judaica Library and would be the only certified Jewish library in Wyoming.
This page includes a link to LibraryThing.com where a catalog of the books available may be found. The connection allows for the searching of books by author, title, as well as subject matter.
The subject matter is divided into 14 categories:
- Jewish Culture and Religion
- Jewish Philosophy and Literature
- World Jewish History
- American Jewish History
- The Near East (Both Jewish & Arab authors)
- Hebrew Language
- Yiddish Language
- Ancient History and Archeology (Biblical Archeological Review)
- Holocaust History
- Music Cassettes
- Reference Section And Old Prayer Books
- Jewish Periodicals
- Genealogy of Cheyenne Jewish Cemetery
- Mt. Sinai Congregation History (Incomplete)
The library is open Thursdays 11:30-1:30, Sundays 11:30-1:30 and upon request 635-7626.
Materials may be checked out by members and friends of Mt. Sinai as well as other persons by arrangement.